In Teaching Generation Text my co-author and I outline the five steps for harnessing the power of cell phones for learning even in districts where they're banned.
The five steps are:
- Step One: Teacher Use of Cell Phones for Professional Purposes
- Step Two: Teacher Models Appropriate Use for Learning
- Step Three: Strengthen the Home-School Connection with Cell Phones
- Step Four: Students Use Cell Phones for Homework
- Step Five: Students Use Cell Phones for Classwork
The below presentation (which is downloadable & customizable) provides a great way to share this process with others.