I love sharing examples of great schools that employ promising practices, differentiated instruction, and passion driven learning. I also enjoy highlighting teachers that engage in student-centered learning like these teachers
- One Great Way to Differentiate Instruction – See how Deven Black designed a lesson that enabled students to tap into their strengths, interests, and learning styles.
- When students own the learning –See what happened when Keith Ferrell relinquished control and gave students a choice in how they would meet learning goals.
- Real Life Learning - Shelley Wright is a high school educator in Moose Jaw, SK. On her blog she shares, “I love learning more than anything else.” This post features the video of what happens when school becomes real life.
- Neil Postman High School Site
- When Re-thinking School Itself
- The Third Technology
- The School I'd Like
Here's another cool school recently shared in Alternative Learning Centers, the fab group featuring new ways of learning.
If you have an example of a great school or class, please share in the comments below and consider contributing a guest post to share with other innovative educators.
- Creative Science School
Creative Science School is a focus option Portland Public School for children in grades K-8. Students are encouraged to be independent thinkers, learners, and problem solvers.